Extensive surveillance of COVID-19 has identified that case rates in the borough of Reigate and Banstead have been increasing for the past few weeks. This is especially evident in the younger age groups, including secondary school age children. In addition to this, an increasing number of these are the Delta variant, which not only is more transmissible than the Alpha (Kent) strain but may also be associated with an increased risk of hospitalisation nationally, for those who have not been fully vaccinated.
In response to this, working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, Surrey County Council and Reigate and Banstead Borough Council will stand up additional mass testing in the two affected areas.
Anyone without symptoms who lives, works or studies in these areas is strongly encouraged to take a PCR Covid-19 test this week. This includes adults and children. Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 should not take part in the surge testing, but should instead book a PCR test via 119, GOV.UK or the NHS Covid-19 app.
Details of Where and How To Get A Test
Testing units will be positioned in the following locations from Friday 18 June to Sunday 27 June.
- Tadworth Leisure Centre, Preston Manor Road, Tadworth KT20 5FB
- Banstead High Street car park, 58-60 High Street, Banstead SM7 2LX
- The Mound car park, Royal Drive, Tattenham Corner KT18 5QB
- Reigate Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate RH2 0SH
Units will be open:
- Friday 18th June – 10:00-20:00
- Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th June – 08:00-18:00
- Monday 21st June to Wednesday 23rd June – 10:00-20:00
- Thursday 24th June to Sunday 27th June – 09:00-17:00
Visit the postcode checker for quick reference to see affected areas: www.surreycc.gov.uk/surgetesting.
From Friday 18 June, anyone over the age of 18 is eligible for the vaccine, so please make sure you book in for your jab, and get both doses, to protect yourself and everyone around you.
For the latest updates on the surge testing, please visit our website at www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/surgetesting